After eleven years of cooking tofu i feel like I only really mastered it this year. Perfect tofu!! Crispy on the outside, soft in the middle. Sweet and salty. Here are the tricks for perfect tofu:
1. I don’t know why, but it seems to just taste better in triangles then in little cubes as I used to do…
2. Coat a fry pan in about 1/2 TBS coconut oil and once hot lay your tofu down
3. Coat in a very generous amount of pepper and don’t flip until it is fully browned on the underneath, (important!!)
4. Once all the bottoms are golden/browned flip over and coat with a bit more pepper and Himalayan rock salt.
5. Again, leave them until golden on the bottom. Once golden drizzle with about a TBS of maple syrup.
6. Now grab the pan and shake your tofu all around coating it all in the syrup.
7. Cook for a few more minutes, flipping and rotating tofu freely now.
8. Finnish with a sprinkle of nutritional yeast.
Super quick and easy, don’t be daunted by the 8 steps!!
Great in curry dishes, on it’s own for a snack or with salad…
We had ours with a simple quinoa salad with a really yummy Honey mustard miso dressing…
1 TBS light miso
1 TBS raw honey
1 TBS Dijon mustard
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
2 tsp Tamari
2 garlic cloves
Pepper, paprika and cayenne
Mmm Miso miso miso, can’t get enough!!!